Wednesday, July 24, 2019

The Beginning of My Digital Marketing Journey


At the age of 22, I have decided to embark on the journey towards Digital Agency ownership. This blog will document that journey. Beginning with my first social media marketing course and hopefully progressing into a career in digital marketing, my aim is to bring you with me on every step.
Why do this?
·         To summarize and document the lessons I learn on my journey.
·         To help others who may be in the same position.
·    To increase accountability, by having to broadcast my successes (and failures!).
·    To hopefully build a community of like-minded people, who can help each other along the road to success.
I am a recent college graduate who studied engineering. I am now working in the tech sector in a graduate role. I have no experience of running a business and very little experience in digital marketing. I will clarify that I understand a lot of the theory behind various digital marketing services and I am not completely alien to the concepts they work on.
To begin I aim to post pretty much daily updates of what I learn. The lessons I learn and post here will summarize what I have taken from the course which I am about to begin. I would like to point out that I will only be documenting my understanding of each lesson, and what I have taken away from it.
Following From this, it is my goal to have the course finished within 21 days, and begin my quest for clients at this point. I imagine that as I continue on this journey my updates may become less frequent; moving from daily to maybe weekly. MY updates will still concern the lessons I have learned each week, what has gone well and what I can improve on.
I hope that Two Comma Thinking can become a valuable resource for all entrepreneurs; young and old, as they start on their journey or progress on their path.
I am going to set a small measure of success here, at the start of it all. As my experience evolves, I am sure I will set new and loftier targets, but for now I would like to think that I could reach €3000 profit per month in retainers within 100 days.
This would allow me to do this full time, instead of alongside my job. If you like what you read here I would ask two things:
·     First, to keep up to date with the journey, follow us on Instagram through the link in our footer.
·      Second, if you know of any business owners out there who could avail of the services I blog about, please reach out to me or send them my contact info. This would be a huge help in meeting my goals both short and long term and allowing me to provide more high-quality content!

Thank you for sticking with me this far! I look forward to welcoming you back here with better and better content over the coming days, months and hopefully years!


No comments: